The Sproket Reusable Content web part enables you to display the same content on multiple pages. Instead of having to duplicate the same content onto different pages, using this web part, you can store the content in a SharePoint list and then display on any page you wish.
When your page is in Edit mode, click the icon, search for "Sproket Reusable Content", and select the Sproket Reusable Content web part from the results.
- Store content in a SharePoint list and display on any page within SharePoint.
- Pull content from another site collection.
- Use SharePoint Lists Rich Editor Web Part which provides more customisations over the the normal Text web part.
- Use within 'Full-Content' section
- SharePoint search crawler will not find the reusable content on each of the pages it is used.
After you select the Sproket Reusable Content web part, click the Configure Web Part button or icon on the menu on the left of the web part to open the Configuration section on the right. In this section, you can perform the following configurations:
Configure the following in the Display Options section:
Field Description Show Title Click to enable title display of the web part. Show in Panel Click to enable display of items in panel. Open list in new tab Enable to open the list on a new tab, when you click Open List or Go to List links. If this option is disabled, the list will open on the same page.
Configure the following in the Query Options section:
Fields marked with red asterisks (*) are mandatory.
Field Description Site URL Click the drop-down list and select a source site. Web URL Click the drop-down list and select a source web. List Title Click the drop-down list and select a source list. You can click Open List link to manage the content. List Item Click the drop-down list and select a source page.
Once all the required updates and configurations are performed, click Republish button to publish the page.
1. Can the content be reused across pages in different sites?
Yes, specifying the site collection you want to reuse content will allow you to reuse across pages in different sites.
2. Where can I add new reusable pages?
Navigate to the list of reusable content to create more reusable content.