For larger organisations, specifically when their IT is managed internationally or by a third party, you may not be allowed to install Sproket globally to the whole tenant.
The solution for this is to install it at the site collection level instead of the entire tenant. In other words, installling at the Tenant App Catalog rather than the Site Collection App Catalog.
Sproket does not need to be installed at the tenant app catalog but instead can be installed at a specific site collection app catalog. This does not exist by default and requires a powershell to create.
View detailed instructions here.
Run the following command:
Connect-SPOService -URL "https://contoso-admin.sharepoint.com Add-SPOSiteCollectionAppCatalog -Site "https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/FinanceTeamSite"
In order to run the PowerShell, you must have the following roles:
- SharePoint Admin role or Global Administrator role
- Site Collection Administrator of the tenant App Catalog
- Site Collection Administrator of the site collection of the site specified in the -Site parameter
Now that you have run the PowerShell and your App Catalog has been created, you can now install Sproket.
You will find the App Catalog via one of the following ways:
- In the Site Contents of the site collection (it will be- alled ‘Apps for SharePoint’
- Direct URL i.e. /sites/FinanceTeamsite/AppCatalog
Upload both the sproket-library.sppkg and sproket-365.sppkg files to the local site collection app catalog and ensure you select ‘Make this solution available to all sites in the organisation’ for Sproket-365.
Note: This needs to be done at each site collection you require Sproket, not just the Hub site.